THE SECURITIES EVIDENCED BY THIS CERTIFICATE HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE U.S. SECURITIES ACT, AS AMENDED, OR ANY OTHER APPLICABLE SECURITIES LAWS AND HAVE BEEN ISSUED IN RELIANCE UPON AN EXEMPTION FROM THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE SECURITIES ACT AND SUCH OTHER SECURITIES LAWS. NEITHER THIS SECURITY NOR ANY INTEREST OR PARTICIPATION HEREIN MAY BE SOLD, ASSIGNED, TRANSFERRED, PLEDGED, ENCUMBERED, OR OTHERWISE DISPOSED OF, EXCEPT PURSUANT TO AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OR AN OPINION OF COUNSEL REASONABLY SATISFACTORY TO THE COMPANY THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED PURSUANT TO A VALID EXEMPTION THEREFROM UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT.
|Warrant No. 1-2012||Date: March 23, 2012|
WARRANT TO PURCHASE SHARES OF COMMON STOCK OF ORAGENICS, INC.
THIS CERTIFIES that, for value received, The Koski Family Limited Partnership is entitled to purchase from Oragenics, Inc., a Florida corporation (the Corporation), subject to the terms and conditions hereof, One Million Five Hundred Seventy One Thousand Four Hundred Five (1,571,405) shares (the Warrant Shares) of common stock, $0.001 par value (the Common Stock). This warrant, together with all warrants hereafter issued in exchange or substitution for this warrant, is referred to as the Warrant and the holder of this Warrant is referred to as the Holder. The Warrant is being issued pursuant to that certain Exchange of Notes for Equity Agreement between the Company and the Purchaser named therein. The number of Warrant Shares is subject to adjustment as hereinafter provided. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, this Warrant shall expire and no longer be exercisable at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on third anniversary of the date at which issued (the Termination Date); provided further, that for the avoidance of doubt, the corporation may not accelerate the expiration date of this Warrant.
1. Exercise of Warrants.
The Holder may exercise this Warrant in whole or in part at an exercise price per share equal to two dollars ($2.00) per share, subject to adjustment as provided herein (the Warrant Price), by the surrender of this Warrant (properly endorsed) at the principal office of the Corporation, or at such other agency or office of the Corporation in the United States of America as the Corporation may designate by notice in writing to the Holder at the address of such Holder appearing on the books of the Corporation, and by payment to the Corporation of the Warrant Price in lawful money of the United States by check or wire transfer for each share of Common Stock being purchased. Upon any partial exercise of this Warrant, there shall be executed and issued to the Holder a new Warrant in respect of the shares of Common Stock as to which this Warrant shall not have been exercised. In the event of the exercise of the rights represented by this Warrant, a certificate or certificates for the Warrant Shares so purchased, as applicable, registered in the name of the Holder, shall be delivered to the Holder hereof as soon as practicable after the rights represented by this Warrant shall have been so exercised.
2. Reservation of Warrant Shares. The Corporation agrees that, prior to the expiration of this Warrant, it will at all times have authorized and in reserve, and will keep available, solely for issuance or delivery upon the exercise of this Warrant, the number of Warrant Shares as from time to time shall be issuable by the Corporation upon the exercise of this Warrant.
3. No Shareholder Rights. This Warrant shall not entitle the holder hereof to any voting rights or other rights as a shareholder of the Corporation.
4. Assignment and Transferability of Warrant. Prior to the Termination Date and subject to compliance with applicable laws, this Warrant and all rights hereunder are transferable, in whole or in part, at the office or agency of the Company by the Holder in person or by duly authorized attorney, upon surrender of this Warrant together with the Assignment Form annexed hereto properly endorsed for transfer.
5. Certain Adjustments. With respect to any rights that Holder has to exercise this Warrant and convert into shares of Common Stock, Holder shall be entitled to the following adjustments:
(a) Merger or Consolidation. If at any time there shall be a merger or a consolidation of the Corporation with or into another corporation when the Corporation is not the surviving corporation, then, as part of such merger or consolidation, lawful provision shall be made so that the holder hereof shall thereafter be entitled to receive upon exercise of this Warrant, during the period specified herein and upon payment of the aggregate Warrant Price then in effect, the number of shares of stock or other securities or property (including cash) of the successor corporation resulting from such merger or consolidation, to which the holder hereof as the holder of the stock deliverable upon exercise of this Warrant would have been entitled in such merger or consolidation if this Warrant had been exercised immediately before such merger or consolidation. In any such case, appropriate adjustment shall be made in the application of the provisions of this Warrant with respect to the rights and interests of the holder hereof as the holder of this Warrant after the merger or consolidation.
(b) Reclassification. Recapitalization, etc. If the Corporation at any time shall, by subdivision, combination or reclassification of securities, recapitalization, automatic conversion, or other similar event affecting the number or character of outstanding shares of Common Stock, or otherwise, change any of the securities as to which purchase rights under this Warrant exist into the same or a different number of securities of any other class or classes, this Warrant shall thereafter represent the right to acquire such number and kind of securities as would have been issuable as the result of such change with respect to the securities that were subject to the purchase rights under this Warrant immediately prior to such subdivision, combination, reclassification or other change.
(c) Split or Combination of Common Stock and Stock Dividend. In case the Corporation shall at any time subdivide, redivide, recapitalize, split (forward or reverse) or change its outstanding shares of Common Stock into a greater number of shares or declare a dividend upon its Common Stock payable solely in shares of Common Stock, the Warrant Price shall be proportionately reduced and the number of Warrant Shares proportionately increased.
Conversely, in case the outstanding shares of Common Stock of the Corporation shall be combined into a smaller number of shares, the Warrant Price shall be proportionately increased and the number of Warrant Shares proportionately reduced. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event will the Warrant Price be reduced below the par value of the Common Stock.
6. Legend and Stop Transfer Orders. Unless the Warrant Shares have been registered under the Securities Act, upon exercise of any part of the Warrant, the Corporation shall instruct its transfer agent to enter stop transfer orders with respect to such Warrant Shares, and all certificates or instruments representing the Warrant Shares shall bear on the face thereof substantially the following legend:
THE SECURITIES EVIDENCED BY THIS CERTIFICATE HAVE NOT BEEN REGISTERED UNDER THE U.S. SECURITIES ACT, AS AMENDED, OR ANY OTHER APPLICABLE SECURITIES LAWS AND HAVE BEEN ISSUED IN RELIANCE UPON AN EXEMPTION FROM THE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS OF THE SECURITIES ACT AND SUCH OTHER SECURITIES LAWS. NEITHER THIS SECURITY NOR ANY INTEREST OR PARTICIPATION HEREIN MAY BE SOLD, ASSIGNED, TRANSFERRED, PLEDGED, ENCUMBERED, OR OTHERWISE DISPOSED OF, EXCEPT PURSUANT TO AN EFFECTIVE REGISTRATION STATEMENT UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT OR AN OPINION OF COUNSEL REASONABLY SATISFACTORY TO THE CORPORATION THAT SUCH REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED PURSUANT TO A VALID EXEMPTION THEREFROM UNDER THE SECURITIES ACT.
7. Miscellaneous. This Warrant shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. All the covenants and provisions of this Warrant by or for the benefit of the Corporation shall bind and inure to the benefit of its successors and assigns hereunder. Nothing in this Warrant shall be construed to give to any person or corporation other than the Corporation and the holder of this Warrant any legal or equitable right, remedy or claim under this Warrant. This Warrant shall be for the sole and exclusive benefit of the Corporation and the holder of this Warrant. The section headings herein are for convenience only and are not part of this Warrant and shall not affect the interpretation hereof. Upon receipt of evidence satisfactory to the Corporation of the loss, theft, destruction or mutilation of this Warrant, and of indemnity reasonably satisfactory to the Corporation, if lost, stolen or destroyed, and upon surrender and cancellation of this Warrant, if mutilated, the Corporation shall execute and deliver to the Holder a new Warrant of like date, tenor and denomination.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Corporation has caused this Warrant to be executed by its duly authorized officers under its seal, this 23rd day of March, 2012.
|Title:||President and Chief Executive Officer|
NOTICE OF EXERCISE
TO: ORAGENICS, INC.
The undersigned is the Holder of Warrant No. (the Warrant) issued by Oragenics, Inc., a Florida Corporation (the Company). Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined have the respective meanings set forth in the Warrant.
The Warrant is currently exercisable to purchase a total of Warrant Shares.
The undersigned hereby exercises its right to purchase Warrant Shares pursuant to the Warrant and delivers herewith the original Warrant certificate in accordance with the terms of the Warrant and tenders herewith payment of the exercise price in full, together with all applicable transfer taxes, if any.
Payment shall take the form of lawful money of the United States.
The undersigned hereby requests that the Company issue a certificate or certificates representing said Warrant Shares in the name of the undersigned or in such other name as is specified below:
The Warrant Shares shall be delivered to the following:
Accredited Investor. The undersigned is an accredited investor as defined in Regulation D promulgated under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended.
|Name of Holder:|
|Signature of Authorized Signatory of Holder:|
|Name of Authorized Signatory:|
|Title of Authorized Signatory:|
|Telephone Number and E-Mail Address of Authorized|
(Signature must conform in all respect to the name of Holder as specified on the face of the Warrant.)
(TO ASSIGN THE FOREGOING WARRANT, EXECUTE THIS FORM AND SUPPLY REQUIRED INFORMATION. DO NOT USE THIS FORM TO EXERCISE THE WARRANT.)
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, the foregoing Warrant and all rights evidenced thereby are hereby sold, assigned and transferred to whose address is , and is hereby appointed attorney to transfer said rights on the books of Oragenics, Inc., with full power of substitution in the premises.
NOTE: The signature to this Assignment Form must correspond with the name as it appears on the face of the Warrant, without alteration or enlargement or any change whatsoever, and must be guaranteed by a bank or trust company. Officers of corporations and those acting in a fiduciary or other representative capacity should file proper evidence of authority to assign the foregoing Warrant.